Google Search

Google

Thursday, February 1, 2007

The Apple iPhone Argument - AAPL

I have been having some discussions with friends on why I like Apple (APPL). I believe now is a great time to get in to Apple with some outstanding potential upside. For disclosure I bought my shares of Apple (APPL) at $90.02.

The argument that I have been making is that Apple only wants to target just 1% of the cell phone market. This is amazing. 1% of the billion plus cell phones in the world. Can Apple obtain this 1% of the cell phone market? Well I think so and Apple's product release history supports my argument.

Can you remember when the iPod came out. Market reaction was that the iPod was too expensive, downloads would cost too much, etc....Well I think Apple to date has now sold over 88,701,000 units! Last time I checked iPod's are a must have for almost all generations. Now imagine what is going to happen when the iPhone hits the market. More important you now have AT&T selling the phone to the masses with their powerful marketing arm. Is Google in the works for a unique partnership with the iPhone?

My argument is being supported by Apple's past performance with new go to market products. Include a loyal following of millions of Apple product users who have can't wait for new Apple products and you now have a recipe for instant product success!

My challenge to you is to prove me wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting read. I think you might be right.