Google Search

Google

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Apple (APPL) Hits! Analysts Go Nutt's and I am Happy!


Well, well, well. Seems our good friend Mr. Jobs continues to mystify and baffle us earthly mortals with his own other world knowledge and creativity. Apple announces yesterday and crushes the street estimates. (No real surprise here, these Apple analysts who called for an upgrade to the stock 3 days before earnings are real sharp cookies. Did you listen to the conference call? Listen to the "expert" from Merrill Lynch and GS and the real earth shattering questions they ask Apple management). God I can't wait to get a job offer from one of the big investment firms.

Anyway, I love how Apple did not count one red cent from the sale of the iPhones and activations from AT&T. I also kept getting the giggles when Apple management said they should sale at least 1 million iPhones in the first full quarter of iPhone sales. 1 million? To funny.... Wanna bet me Merrill Lynch that Apple kills this number? And do you wanna bet the subscription dollar numbers will be huge? I am stating now that Apple will kill that 1 million iPhone number (as long as Jobs has material) and subscription dollars will be 20% better then predicted by the analysts.

So what happens now with Apple? The Mac's are gaining market share like crazy! Go to an Apple store and you feel like your in another world. By the way one request to Jobs for the Apple store, how about providing us beer and wine while we play like kids on all your cool gadgets? I bet I would by more product will a slight buzz going. Ever get the idea that Apple copies a lot of what Sir Richard Branson has done with Virgin? Apple stores, web sites, products, people, etc... are all good looking, intelligent and sharp as heck. I love it.

The iPhone and iPod will continue to grow like a weed and continue to keep an eye on that little iTunes revenue number. That little number continues to grow and grow... Last, let's not ever forget the new release of Leopard coming out. Who the heck knows what this will do to Vista. This could be the death blow to Microsoft and their "younger target market". By the way has anyone heard a kid say I must have a Vista operating system recently? Or "daddy I must have a Zune!"?

My hats off to Jobs and his management team. I know for sure one day they will take off their human costumes and show us what they really look like and what planet or other world they are really from. Ever see that movie Cocoon?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good call on the numbers. Interesting blog comments. I like what Jobs is doing also.